This Policy should be read together with our website terms and conditions governing your use of our website, and any location specific legal notice. In this Policy:
- personal information means any information about an individual from which that individual can be identified or reasonably identified. It does not include information that has been de-identified.
- Privacy Act means the Privacy Act 1988 (Cth) and includes the Australian Privacy Principle (APPSs) and applicable privacy regulations.
Collection, use and disclosure of information.
Types of personal information we collect
The types of information we collect from you depends on your dealings you have with us, for example:
- when you register with us as a member, subscribe to our e-news, register for our events, establish or access an account, or otherwise enquire about our services or events, we may require you to provide us with contact information including your name, address, telephone number or email address, business name and any financial information (such as credit card details) if payment is required.
- when you submit any personal information to us when leaving feedback, complaints or questions in relation to our services, or when you post comments or submit publicly available content on our social media, we may keep a record of that correspondence and/or record the social media username or handle you use.
- if you apply for a job vacancy or volunteer position with us or via any third party recruitment service we use, we will collect your CV and other application information required to allow us to assess your application and to retain for human resources purposes.
- from your dealings with us in the normal course of business through meetings, phone calls, letters, emails, as well as via mailing lists, advertisers and commercial agreements.
Why we collect your personal information.
We collect your personal information primarily for the purpose of the above interactions with you. We may also collect and use your personal information for planning and market research purposes, to innovate our delivery of products and services, to inform you about our events and promotions, and any related secondary purpose which we believe you would reasonably expect.
How we use and disclose your personal information.
Any personal information that you provide to Beer Matters. will be used for the purpose for which you disclosed it to us. We may also use and or/disclose your personal information for other purposes which you consent to or which are required or permitted by law. This may include for a secondary purpose that is related to a purpose for which we collected it, and for which you would reasonably expect us to use or disclose your personal information.
Beer Matters. will not disclose personal information to any third parties except:
- if you sign up with us as an Associate Member, we may list the name and contact number you provide us with, and details to identify your business, on our website’s Business Directory. You can tell us at any time if you do not want to be listed;
- where we are required or authorised to do so by law;
- to other companies or individuals who assist us in providing services or who perform functions on our behalf (such as third party service providers, specialist consultants, hosting and data storage providers); or
- where you have consented to the disclosure.
Some anonymous demographics information may be provided to advertisers so they can assess whether they wish to participate in advertising, and if so, this information may play a role in the design of their advertisements for the website or mobile apps. All information disclosed in these circumstances will be stripped entirely of all personal information so that it does not identify you.
Except as otherwise stated, we do not disclose or publish personal information collected through our website without your express consent. Access to this information is restricted to our staff and contractors who are bound to respect the privacy of this information and/or bound by confidentiality obligations.
You have the right to access the personal information that Beer Matters. holds about you and can do this by contacting us at firstname.lastname@example.org
We may use or disclose your personal information for the purpose of informing you about our services, upcoming promotions and events, or other opportunities that may interest you. If you do not want to receive these communications, you can unsubscribe from our mailing lists at any time. We include an unsubscribe facility in all emails we send you. Otherwise you can contact us at any time at email@example.com to unsubscribe or update your preferences.
Commitment to data security.
Beer Matters. will take reasonable steps to ensure that all information collected, used or disclosed is accurate, complete, up-to-date and stored in a secure environment accessed only by authorised persons. The accuracy of the personal information we receive depends on the information you provide. We recommend you let us know if there are any errors in your personal information by contacting us directly.
Unfortunately, no data transmission over the internet can be guaranteed to be secure. While we strive to protect your personal information from misuse, loss and unauthorised access, we cannot guarantee the security of any information you transmit to us or receive from our website.
We also encourage you to keep your personal information secure, by maintaining the confidentiality of any passwords and account details used on our website. It is your sole responsibility to maintain such confidentiality and Beer Matters. will not be liable for any damage, loss or expense suffered due to such disclosure.
We take steps to securely destroy or de-identify information that we longer require.
Links to other sites.
We are not responsible for the privacy practices or content of any of the websites linked to our website. If you have a concern about one of those websites, you are welcome to contact us if you think we should remove our link.
Changes to this policy.
How to contact us.